Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does bail work?
A: The process of bail is regulated by the State of California . A Judge within the county of arrest sets the bail amount. Once bail is set, a Bad Boys Bail Bonds Agent charges 10%. (The State of California regulates this fee. All Bail Bonds companies charge the same rate.) With payment and a cosigner that meets our qualifications, the bond is then posted, and the defendant is released.
Q: What do I need to bail someone out of jail?
A: There are three things that a cosigner needs to bail someone out of jail:
- Valid ID
- Pay Check Stub
- Utility Bill
A cosigner must also be a U.S. citizen and must be 18 or older.
Q: How long does it take for paperwork?
A: It will take about 20 minutes.
Q: How can I pay?
A: Cash, Check, Credit Card, Money Order, Western Union Quick Collect
Q: How long does it take for a person to get out of jail?
A: It depends on the jail and the county the defendant was arrested in. Most facilities take 30 minutes to four hours.
Q: What are the responsibilities of a cosigner?
A: A cosigner, someone willing to sign for the defendant, is responsible for the following three things:
- To make sure the defendant makes all appearances to court
- To make sure the defendant notifies Bad Boys Bail Bonds with next court appearances
- To make sure the premium is paid (if applicable)
Q: What are the responsibilities of a defendant?
A: The responsibilities of a defendant are the following:
- Upon being released, the defendant will need to immediately report to the local office and complete the necessary paperwork. After completion, the defendant will receive upcoming court date information.
- The defendant must report all new court dates to their local Bad Boys office by either coming in personally or notifying by phone. (PLEASE CALL 1-800-BAIL-OUT)
- The defendant must show up to all court dates
Q: Bad Boys Bail Bonds has offices in San Jose, Oakland, Los Angeles and Santa Ana. Can Bad Boys Bail Bonds service areas outside the vicinity of their office locations?
A: Our nationwide coverage can assist with all bail-related matters.
Q: Can I drop the money and have someone else cosign?
A: Yes, however, if there is any type of refund, it will be given back to the cosigner.
Q: Do I get my money back after the defendant goes to court?
A: No, that money is non-refundable upon release from the bond we posted. However, if we are unable to post the bond under certain circumstances, we are able to issue the refund.
Q: Can I take care of a warrant with Bad Boys Bail Bonds?
A: YES! Warrants are issued to a person when a judge wants to see them in court. Bail can be posted through BBBB. Most warrants can be processed at a police or sheriff’s department with a BBBB agent without being brought into custody.
Q: Do I need to come back with the defendant to complete paperwork?
A: No, but the defendant must immediately come into their local Bad Boys office after being released.
Q: What are the benefits of bailing someone out of jail?
A: There are several benefits to consider:
- Defendants can go back to work, school, home, family, and continue with usual daily life.
- Permits the unhampered preparation of a defense.
- Serves to prevent the infliction of punishment prior to conviction.
CALL 1.800.BAILOUT, Exercise Your 8th Amendment Right!